June 3, 2020
Dearest Church Family,
It is with a heart of anticipation that we announce In-Person Worship begins on Sunday, July 12. Worship will be outside at Davis Park at 9 a.m. Bring your lawn chair or blanket to 4507 Nichol Avenue, Anderson. An online service will continue to be offered as well as CDs being delivered. In the event of Sunday morning rain, there will be no outside worship, only the online service. No in-person worship downtown is planned.
As Indiana reopens, COVID-19 remains actively with us. Therefore, as the Body of Christ we will follow some rules and expectations in order that we all may gather safely.
All are expected to wear face masks, practice social distancing, sanitize hands.
- If you feel sick, know that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are at high risk, please worship online, stay home, and stay safe.
- Marks on sidewalk will indicate social distancing (6 ft apart).
- Bulletins will be picked up with an attendance/prayer card stapled to it.
- A new locked collection box will be available to receive your offerings and attendance/prayer cards.
- No children’s ministry will occur. Children will remain with their parents/guardians.
- Restrooms in Lodge will be used by one at a time. Markings located on floor will indicate social distancing while waiting for either men’s or women’s restrooms.
- No refreshments will be served. You may bring your own coffee and donut!
What if someone refuses to follow the expectations? Church Mutual Lawyer says that we must ask them politely (with love) to worship online and join us in-person when no restrictions are necessary.
Ministries are starting to meet and online ministries continue. Check the church website for links and information. The office as well as the Library are open M-Th 9-4 p.m. and Fri 9-12 p.m.; face masks are required for your safety and ours. NEW is our Sunday Fellowship at 10:30 a.m. is an opportunity to see each other and visit online. A Zoom link is available on Facebook and the church website.
Our situation is changing daily. Please remain flexible, prayerful, and safe!
“Come, let us praise the Lord! Let us shout for joy to God, who protects us!” Psalm 95:1
Working with Christ,
Rev. Corinne Boruff, Senior Pastor
Anderson First UMC, 1215 Jackson Street, Anderson, IN 46016